Elementary Teaching Package Details
The Elementary Teaching Package Contains:
14 Academic and Life Skills Units in spiral bound book.
- Functional Reading Skills
- Location Concepts
- Computer Skills
- Writing Skills
- Time-Telling Skills
- Money Management, Bills
- Money Management, Coins
- Calculator Skills
- Phone Skills
- Community Based Training - Generalization
- Independent Skills
Each content area unit includes multiple lessons and:
- Skill-sequenced Flow Chart linking Present Levels of Performance assessment to the related curriculum lessons.
- Skill sequence list.
- Goals chart for the content area showing goals for every lesson with a sample short-term objective for each.
- Instructional guidelines.
- Materials to use for each lesson. (Most provided in Teaching Reproducibles.)
- Individual lesson instructions with prompt, correction response, correction procedure, and student response data collection instructions, and example data sheet with sample data.
The Teaching Guide, bound into the Curriculum for easy reference, provides:
- Guidelines for using each component of the Styer-Fitzgerald Program.
- An overview of how the components work together.
- ABA based teaching strategies.
- Progress data collection procedures.
- Developing and updating IEP’s.
- A copy of a student Curriculum Progress Guide with explanation of its use.
- A cross-reference chart showing the interface between the Elementary and Secondary curriculum units (for continuous, uninterrupted student progress).
An additional, complete set of all the lessons in each unit, printed on cardstock. Requested by teachers, these can be used by teacher-trained paraprofessionals or peer tutors as they work with individual students.
The following program components are provided both in hard copy and on a flash drive included with the teaching package.
- Progress-Tracking Data Sheet Masters
The Progress-Tracking Data Sheets are used with each lesson to record student response and to track learning progress over time. The data sheets provide data-based achievement information to serve as a basis for instructional decisions and for IEP or other progress reports. They also can be used as documentation of academic progress when meeting with parents or guardians. The Progress-Tracking Data Sheet Masters include 1) data sheets for every lesson in all of the functional academic units and 2) Community-Based Skills and Independent Skills checklists.
- Curriculum Progress Guide
The Curriculum Progress Guide, included within the Progress-Tracking Data Sheet Masters, shows all the skill-sequenced lessons and associated PLOP levels in all content units. It provides an overview of student progress with space to record the date instruction was initiated in each lesson, the date instruction was ended in each lesson, and whether or not the skill was mastered.
- Teaching Materials
200+ pages of Teaching Materials to use with the Curriculum lessons.
- Alphabet and Numbers
The Writing unit in the Curriculum includes letter and number writing lessons. This supporting material provides 150+ pages of fading visual prompt letter and number writing worksheets covering numbers 0–9 and all upper and lower case letters plus letter combination practice.
Assessment: Teacher’s Manual
This manual is used for conducting the assessment and determining the present level of performance and appropriate placement in each Curriculum content unit.
The Assessment: Teacher’s Manual includes:
- A guide to using the assessment.
- A Present Levels of Performance (PLOP) chart with skill-sequenced levels in 12 Academic and Life Skills units and information on Community Based Training and Independent Skills evaluation.
- The assessment sequence for each content unit.
- Separate assessments for each skill-sequenced step in each unit.
- Prompt, response, and scoring instructions for each assessment.
- A copy of the Student Assessment section for each assessed area.
- Materials needed for each assessment.
- The Curriculum Flow Chart for each unit showing the link between PLOP level and appropriate Curriculum lesson.
Assessment Testing Kit
The Functional Academics Testing Kit comes in a handy carrying case and includes, in ready-to-use format, the materials needed for assessment (except for a few items such as a clock and real coins).